BIRD WATCHING TOURS Tel: 01362 683333
website by the4Rgroup
Norfolk Courtyard and Norfolk Birding have teamed up to offer birdwatching tours with luxury accommodation with some of the best birding in the country!
• GUIDED BIRD WATCHING HOLIDAYS
• WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS & TOURS.
Based in the heart of rural Norfolk, near to Foxley Wood – the oldest ancient woodland in Norfolk, Cley is just 25 mins away & we are just 10 minutes from breeding Honey Buzzards and Marsh Harriers.
A variety of seasonal BIRD WATCHING TOURS ensuring you see some of Britain's rare & scarce birds when ever you choose to visit. All of the species listed have been seen on our 2009 & 2010 tours
• Winter tours - Divers, sea-ducks, Taiga Bean Goose, Whooper & Bewick's Swans, Lapland Bunting, Snow Bunting, Hen Harrier, Bittern, Cranes, & Hawfinches etc.
• Spring to early Summer Tours - Honey Buzzard, Montagu’s Harrier, Garganey, Hobby, Stone Curlew, Nightjar, Golden Oriole, Turtle Dove, Woodlark, Tree Pipit, Wheatear, Whinchat, Firecrest, Spotted Flycatcher, Nightingale plus scarce & rare migrants.
• Autumn tours - For passage waders, high tide roosts with tens of thousands of shorebirds, Skuas, Shearwaters, rare waders, Yellow-browed & Pallas's Warblers,
Red-breasted Flycatcher, Shrikes & the possibility of major UK rarity.
• Anytime of the year to see Bittern, Buzzard, Owls, Marsh Harrier, Bearded Tit, Tree Sparrow,Yellowhammer & Corn Bunting.
• Wildlife photography One to Ones & workshops.
CHRIS MILLS is your primary guide with over 30 years experience in birding and wildlife photography. Chris is a natural guide with great experience & enthusiasm with an extensive knowledge of Norfolk, its birds, butterflies, dragonflies and other flora & fauna. He can offer guided birdwatching, digital photography advice & insect watching, ensuring that you optimise your time & visit by seeing many of the more unusual and difficult species. He aims to ensure you see some great birds & wildlife with an educational dialogue about their identification, habits, status, migration and habitats.
BIRDWATCHING TOUR PRICES (subject to change)
Rare Bird birdwatching tours from £60.00 per day, excl B&B
2 Days Guiding from £110 excl B&B
3 Days from £160 excl B&B
These are full days starting around 8am & finishing at dusk
or starting at 7am & finishing at 5PM
All of these tours can be done without a car.
WILDLIFE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
These are mainly focussed on Digital SLR photography. Chris is most familiar with the Canon EOS range. Contact www.norfolkbirding.com for more detailed information.
Binoculars, telescopes & long lenses are available on a hire basis.
PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKSHOP PRICES
These tours can be done without a car. Arrive by train to Norwich and get the bus to Foulsham where we will greet you. Chris will provide the transport for the tour.
Pack lunches can be prebooked ahead.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: